Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Jasmine



Jasmine came to live with Gizzy and the Lady Mom about a year after Gizzy was rescued from being a little feral kitten. She and Gizzy like each other and lived together as a two cat household for many years before Millie bounded onto the scene. I decided to try to look at the situation from Jasmine's point of view. She and Gizzy had grown old together very happily and both of them were quite content with the way things were. Jasmine was also not feeling very well when Millie appeared and that may help explain why Jasmine took an instant dislike to Millie. Here was this very energetic kitten disrupting her nice quiet routine and cozying up to her friend Gizzy. Here is what may be going through Jasmine's mind.

I do not like that kitten Millie.
She's far too fast and much too silly.
I don't want to play,
So please go away.
Somebody save me from this pesky Millie.

12 comments:

Around Your Wrist said...

Lovely! you do such a great job with these!

--suz

KC and the Giggleman Kitties said...

Too cute.

The Meezers or Billy said...

great poem!!! love the pikshur too

Mr. Hendrix said...

ha ha ha I think you read her mind! very cute. i love reading these. mommy finally added your linky to our page. she is so slow silly mommy...

LZ said...

Yeah, I bet Jasmine thinks that a lot!

Latte

Lux said...

That's darling, and I love the photo!

Anonymous said...

awwww very cute!
~Prinnie

Tommy and Teaghan said...

Hee hee! Dat's grate! We don't know how Jasmine could fink dat Millie was pesky tho asides from da fact that she's got tons on spunk! Well, Beau Beau is kinda pesky to me tho so I can unnerstand it.
~Angie

Forty Paws said...

Yup, that's probably what Gizzie is thinking!!

Luf, Us

Leigh said...

Karen Jo, I know you from the kitty blogs (I'm aka Rascal and Catzee's mom) though we haven't been kitty blogging much lately. But I saw your comment at Tina's Blip on the Radar and thought "I know her!!!" Are you a sheep / fiber / textile person too???

Millie said...

*snort* She is such a bossy cat. That's just what she'd think!

-Millie

I love it! I think it's just perfect and describes EXACTLY how Jasmine probably feels!

-Mom Lynne

Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

What a wonderful (and probably accurate) limerick. Jasmine certainly does have an opinion about Millie's place in the household.
DMM