Thursday, May 3, 2007
Thinking Blogger Award
Daisy was kind enough to award me the Thinking Blogger Award, for which I am very grateful. I am very late in doing anything about it, as the very idea of trying to learn the art of imbedded links scared me. With a lot of help from Victor Tabbycat, I figured it out. Here are the rules for participation:
1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think,
2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme,
3. Optional: Proudly display the 'Thinking Blogger Award' with a link to the post that you wrote (here is an alternative silver version if gold doesn't fit your blog).
Now I have to award five blogs which make me think. This was the really hard part, as every blog I read makes me think about something. I was also trying to think of blogs which hadn't already been awarded, but I'm pretty sure I didn't completely succeed on that score.
1. Zeus writes about so many different topics with such flair that he is always making me think, then laugh, then think some more.
2. Thumper is keenly observant of the human condition and often presents her readers with thumbnail sketches of people she sees. She also spends time analyzing her own emotional responses, which gives us insight into our own emotions. She does all this with a keen sense of humor, so she also makes me think, laugh, then think again.
3. The House of (Mostly) Black Cats makes me think a lot about generosity and how giving a little bit of my time and/or money can really make a difference to other people and their furry companions. They make me wonder about what I can do to make the world a better place.
4. Beau makes me think about others. He shows how generosity of spirit can make things better for ourselves and others.
5. I am awarding Mia and Ghost for the same reasons as Beau.