Saturday, October 6, 2007

Desktop Meme


When I was mentioning in comments on this meme that my desktop was boring, this is what I was talking about.  A few months before I started blogging, I had my computer radically upgraded and the man who did it also reinstalled Windows and I couldn't find the desktop that I had been using anywhere.  I guess I was being a bit stupid, but I just couldn't figure out how to get it back.  This meme made me renew my search and I finally figured out how to get back the desktop that I had been using before.


This is my favorite image of the ones which came with Windows and the one that I had been using for a long time.  Miss Peach told me how easy it was to use any picture I had on my hard drive as a desktop, so I decided to do a little experimenting.  It didn't work quite the way she said, because of the program in which I store my photos, but I figured it out.


This is what my desktop looks like now.  I think I'll keep it for a while.  Thanks, TT, for tagging me for this meme.  It finally got me to do something about my boring desktop.

Here are the rules for the meme:

Upon receiving this tag, immediately perform a screen capture of your desktop.It is best that no icons be deleted before the screen capture so as to add to the element of fun.


Here’s how you can do a screen capture:

1.Go to your desktop and press the Print Scrn key (located on the right side of the F12 key).

Mommy bean note: On a laptop you use the Fn + prt sc keys then paste it into a graphics program.

2.Open a graphics program (like Picture Manager, Paint, or Photoshop) and doing a Paste (CTRL + V). If you wish, you can “edit” the image before saving it.

3.Post the picture on your blog. You can also give a short explanation on the look of your desktop if you want. You can explain why you prefer such a look or why it is full of icons. Things like that.

4.Tag five of your friends and ask them to give you a Free View of their desktops as well.

5.Add your name to the list of Free Viewers with a link pointing directly to your Desktop Free View post to promote it to succeeding participants. Others who have played:Francine of La Place de Cherie, Chez Francine, Bloggishi, Unchained Melody, LadyJava’s Lounge, Mariuca, Revellian Dot ComDesktop, Emila’s Illustrated Blog, Spiff, The Spaceman, Rolando, Brown Baron, The Kat House, MAX, Mother's Home!, I Was Born2Cree8, Skittles' Place, Faz the Cat, Sweet Ariel, The Cat Realm, TT, Kitty Limericks

I tag Tamra MaewBaby MaoThe Big Piney Woods CatsBoy, and Caesar and Princess.

14 comments:

ASTOR CATS said...

Thanks for stopping by and checking on Stray Kitty. He is already starting to feel better. After just 2 doses of meds he tried to pounce on Midnite. He's feeling better - is sitting right now on the scanner watching out of the office window for some of his lizard friends. Last night two little frogs got in the house and it was a contest to see which of them would capture it.

Midnite & Stray Kitty

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your desktop is back to something you like and that is far more you!

Big Piney Woods Cats said...

Thanks for tagging us for the Meme. We will be posting ours on Monday. Now to find 5 cats that haven't been tagged....hmmmmmmm....

Mickey's Musings said...

Those are nice screens,but the last one is killer,hahahahaha!!!!

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

That is very very great transfer desktop history, certainly I love the last 2.
Last one especially very creative, hehehe~!

The Devil Dog said...

Mom hates the first screen, so boring, but that last one is a screech. She just thinks it is way too funny.
Way to go.

Roxy

Anonymous said...

**giggle**! I just love the desktop with the swimming kitty! And Karen Jo, I'm so happy that you liked my Mom's story. She and I were grinning from ear to ear at your sweet comments!

Purrs and snuggles from Marilyn!

ASTOR CATS said...

We each caughted the frogs, let them go, caughted them again, let them go. We chased them all over the room. Mom finally was able to trap them and put them back outside.

Midnite & Stray Kitty

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I changed my blog.Here is the new web address...
http://ariel-thoughts.blogspot.com/

The Misadventures Of Me said...

Thats a lovely desktop, we've always found the swims kitty a riots.

Thanks for playings along with me.

Lux said...

What a cute desktop picture - I really like it!

Lux said...

But you're welcome to put me on your desktop anytime you like. You know, just if you want to ... ;-)

Rosemary B❤️ said...

You have a very cute and whimsical desk top.
It must make you very happy to see that cutie swimming kitty. She looks happy in her very own pool!
You have lots of important thingys on your desky top too...

Thankies for tagging us.
we are going to put it up tomorrow!!

Headbutts, caesar

Christine and FAZ said...

He, he, he, love your current screen saver. FAZ