Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Gracie


I just love this photo of Gracie enjoying the sunshine. Gracie hasn't been blogging long, just since the end of September, so I can't tell you a whole lot about her. She lives out in the country, where the tradition is that cats live outside to keep down the rodent population. She first showed up in July, shortly after Sassy, Guy and Punkie went missing. There was an outdoor party going on and she was drawn by the food smells. Lots of people wanted to pet her and coo over her. It wasn't long before the Dad noticed that she was starving; her ribs were sticking out much too much, so he went and got her some food. The Mom was not happy about this, as she didn't want to get attached to another kitty. She was still heartsore from Sassy, Guy and Punkie. Gracie worked on her, pulling out all the cute stops and before long, a few days at the most, she won the Mom over. Gracie got named and taken to the vet to get checked out, get her shots and her microchip and to get spayed. The vet said that Gracie had to stay indoors for ten days after her surgery. Gracie was delighted. It wasn't long before Gracie was sleeping in the bed with her new Mom and Dad. Then the Mom got all sad about the ten days coming to an end and Gracie would have to go outside again. However, Gracie had been working her kitty magic on the Dad and it was decided that Gracie would be an inside cat. She couldn't be happier. She doesn't even try to walk out an open door. Gracie now has her own kitty condo and she seems to really enjoy playing with shoe strings. One of her favorite toys is a hand, especially her Dad's. Everyone enjoys the hand game very much, except when Gracie gets a little excited and bites down a little bit too hard. She has learned to back off quickly when this happens, though.

                                     Gracie knows how to get her desire.
                                     Her pitiful look sets humans on fire
                                             To serve her and feed her,
                                             To love her and need her.
                                    It's a good thing a home was her only desire.

15 comments:

Goldie, Shade and Banshee said...

Gracie is a real sweetie!!

The Creek Cats said...

Gracie is precious!

Gemini and Ichiro said...

Gracie is a very sweet cat! What a nice limerick!!!

SASS....Sammy Andy Shelly Sierra said...

What a wonderful story and limerick about Gracie. We are so thankful she has become an indoor kitty.

xxxxxx

Angel Gracie=^o.o^= said...

Oh my, what can I say! I am so excited that you featured me on Kitty Limericks!! You have all the information about me 100% correct, that is because we know each other so well.
I love the limerick about me. Boy you hit it right on the head of the nail.
I am so fortunate to have such great friends and I think the greatest place to live ever. I know how lucky I am and each day I try to let all know who much I appreciate all that I have and all those that I know how important they are to me.
Thank you so much!!!!

Jans Funny Farm said...

Great post about Gracie! She is a cutie.

Anonymous said...

Great story and limmerick!

Brian's Home Blog said...

Thanks so much for such a nice tribute to Gracie. I must say, she really is special and I visit her blog often. Yep, she has that special magic fur sure!!!

Angel MoMo and Charlotte said...

That's a lovely limerick for an adorable kitty. She is such a sweetie.

Shilgiah the Cat said...

Lovely tribute to Gracie!

Oh, go see William's site they are giving toy money to the Wounded Warriors for each comment left at their sight today.

The Island Cats said...

We're so happy Gracie got a furever inside home!

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Let's hear if fur Gracie!

I'm sooo happy fur her - a furever home AND INDOORS too!

There are just too many perils out there fur khats to have to live outside -

We would love to be able to help Butterskhotch and Brofur to have a home like that!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Your Daily Cute said...

That looks like a lovely sunpuddle!

L. Alida said...

Oh I am so happy for Gracie! She's lovely. Yes, us humans are here to serve our furbabies.
Beezer, Shadow lady and Pickles rest peacefully sweet kitties.
I'm so sorry to hear about your hurty tooth Karen Jo! I hope you are on the mend. Just try to rest when you can okay?
My daughter is starting to feel a bit better. I just heard her "barking" from her bedroom again. This flu virus is insidious! I hope you can avoid it. please take care.
Hugs,
Lorianna

The Cat Realm said...

We think this is one of your best limericks! What a smart and cute cat Gracie is!