Friday, May 22, 2009

Yay for Me!

funny pictures of cats with captions
see more Lolcats and funny pictures

This struck my funny bone just right, so I thought I would share it. I have also shared all the sad things that have been happening in my life, but few of the good things. This is an all good news post. My mother told me yesterday that she finally feels like herself again, after her most recent illness. She looks good; she acts healthy; she is more active; her appetite is back. I went to my own doctor today and got some more good news. Since I was first diagnosed with hypothyroidism three years ago, I have lost 40 pounds. That's not much weight loss per year, but I haven't weighed this little since I was in college 30-some-odd years ago. I have lowered my bad cholesterol by 50 points since last July. I am healthier than I have been in years and I feel great. Not bad for a 60-year-old broad, eh?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for you, indeed! Mom says in 5 years, she can be a 60 year old broad, too! :-D

Sparkly poopz sounds like fun! hahaha!

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

What wonderful news! We are so glad that your Mom is feeling like herself again. Congratulations on the weight loss and and other good health news. I will be a 60 year old broad next year!

Daisy said...

That's great news! 40 pounds in 3 years as fantastic. I know, because my Mommie has been trying to lose the same 10 pounds for about 3 years with no success!

Max said...

I'm glad your mom feels better! And that you feel great! The Woman says being hypothyroid can really make you feel like a hairball left on the hallway carpet. Cold, wet, and gross...

Black Cat said...

That's such good news about your Mom and you Karen Jo! And I love that lolcat. The expression on his or her face is priceless!

I'm a 60-year-old broad too, heehee! :) xxx

Sunny's Mommy said...

I'm glad to hear the good news about your mother, and congratulations on your weight loss and lowering your cholesterol so much :-) You deserve a huge pat on the back for that!

Having good health is so very important.