Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Farewell, Boody


I thought I was going to take a couple of days off blogging and get my blogroll switched over, but then I started feeling like I was coming down with something and just came home from work and went to bed. I was offline for two days and came back to some sad news. I think I better get back to doing my limericks and just doing the blogroll stuff when I can.

This is a picture of Boody from a couple of months ago before he got so sick. Boody was born on May 5, 1992 and was adopted by his forever family that June. He had a long happy life in his new home. He liked to eat various kinds of fruit, which his family found amusing. When he stopped being so playful, his family adopted Elin. Boody wasn't so happy with this. Elin always wanted to play with him, but he didn't feel like playing, so he would warn her off. Mostly, he just ignored her. He was a Persian-Malaysian cat mix, which gave him floofy fur and Malaysian markings. He also had a very short tail, which you can see in the photo. Yup, that's all of it. Lately, Boody got very ill and there was nothing that could be done for him. The vet said that he was too old and too sick to be cured of whatever was wrong with him. He stopped grooming and eating. Then he lost his ability to stand and walk. On the evening of March 8th, Boody made his own way to the Rainbow Bridge, which made his family very sad. I am sure that he is now having a wonderful time with the other Rainbow Bridge cats.

                                   Poor old Boody wasn't having much fun,
                                   So off to the Rainbow Bridge he did run.
                                         Now he runs carefree
                                         Through grass and lea.
                                   Have a great time, Boody, now your suffering's done.

10 comments:

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

I am so sad to learn this news about Boody. He was so handsome and great~!
Sending my sincerest purrs and prayers.

Boy n Beethoven said...

Even though I do not know Boody, I feel sad that he has to weave his famiwy. But then, I'm sure he's also having a gweat time over the bwidge now. Purrs for Boody's famiwy.

Boy

The Creek Cats said...

What a great tribute to Boody! Even though we were just recently introduced to Boody, we felt he was a special friend. We will miss getting to know him better. Our thoughts and prayers are with his loving family.

Thanks so much for the purrs for us sick ones. The purrs have worked wonders!

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about Boody. He is having fun in a young healthy body now..much love to his family. I am sure he is missed terribly.

Anonymous said...

Oh, that pure cute kitty. Hope he is doing well in cat heaven.

Jans Funny Farm said...

It's never fun to learn bad news. Glad you took a coupleof days to feel better before you got this news.

The Island Cats said...

We're sorry about Boody...

Elin said...

Oh Karen, me and my family felt so grateful for Boody's limerick..

we sure do miss him so much!

thanks friend, and all furriends for remembering Boody..

xoxo

Mickey's Musings said...

We did not know Boody,but we are glad he had a long and happy life.Big purrs for his family.
Purrs Mickey,Georgia & Tillie

Curly said...

Rest in Peace, handsome Boody. (Short tails rule.) Say hi to my brofur Jimmy-Joe at the Rainbow Bridge. (His nickname was "Boodle", almost like "Boody"!)