Saturday, December 13, 2008

Farewell, Cloud Chaser


I didn't know Cloud Chaser at all when I read of his going to the Rainbow Bridge on the Cat Blogopsphere. I was very sad when I learned that I should have gotten to know him a bit, as the Cafe Cats had been visiting my blog, but I hadn't returned their visits. I am about six weeks behind in returning visits, but I am trying to catch up. As it turns out, none of us could have known Cloud Chaser very well, as he was sick when he joined the Cafe Cats. He had a nasty fungus in his sinus cavity, then cancer moved into the same spot. As you can imagine, this was causing him terrible pain and his Mom and Dad had him sent on to the Bridge as soon as they found out how bad it was. They left his body with the vet for research purposes, so other cats might benefit from the knowledge that can be gained by studying what happened to him. He was a very brave cat and it's a shame to lose him. I am sure that he is having a great time at the Rainbow Bridge now.

                                     Cloud Chaser was in terrible pain.
                                     His Mom and Dad couldn't take him home again.
                                                      So they gave him peace
                                                      And of pain surcease.
                                      He is playing at the Bridge till they meet again. 

9 comments:

Sasha said...

I too wish Cloud Chaser happy romping under the Rainbow Bridge.

Jans Funny Farm said...

We didn't get to know him either but we were sad when he left because we know his family loved him and misses him.

We're behind in everything too, so don't fell alone.

(angel) Grrreta and Fam said...

It's been such a sad week. Your limerick is lovely.

Lux said...

I like to envision him playing at the Bridge and being healthy now.

Gemini and Ichiro said...

A very nice tribute.

Everycat said...

Cloud Chaser was such a dear old fella. We miss him very much. Karen Jo you are so kind to write such a good limerick for him.

Whicky

Christine and FAZ said...

What a lovely tribute, I am sure Cloud Chaser will be happy now and would be so pleased about his limmerick. FAZ

Anonymous said...

That is super lovely for Cloud Chaser.
Little things like this is what the parents will remember :))

V-V

Unknown said...

Cloud was a good fighter! His mom and dad are in our purrs!!