Saturday, November 17, 2007

7 Facts Meme

I was tagged by Black Cat to do the seven random facts meme.  Here are the rules:

* Link to the person who tagged you and post the rules on your blog;

* Share 7 random and/or weird facts about yourself;

* Tag 7 random people at the end of your post & include links to their blogs;

* Let them know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

I am having some trouble coming up with seven random facts about me that I haven't mentioned before and that would at least be interesting.

1.  I really, really like Doctor Who.  I have copies of the entire original series and am now collecting the new series as it comes out.  I also have the novels, the audios of the missing stories and most of the Big Finish audios.

2. I don't have to trim my hair, except to even it off.  It grows down to the middle of my back and stops.

3. I am clumsy with my feet.  I have broken most of my toes and six of my metatarsals at various times, starting when I was a child and slid into first base playing whiffleball.  First base was a tree.  I broke my left big toe.

4.  I love musicals and have quite a bunch of them on tape and DVD.

5. I am a night person.  I don't do well early in the morning at all.  I volunteered to work the afternoon-evening shift all the time, much to the delight of my co-workers, who hate working the last shift in the deli.

6. I like working jigsaw puzzles.  I used to spend a lot of time at JigZone before I started blogging.

7. I love reading science fiction, fantasy and mysteries.  Every once in a while I will read a history book, a biography, or a science book, but mostly I read fiction.

I will tag:

Aelou, Chancy, Vincent and Mike, Sly, Nikita and Angus.

17 comments:

MaoMao said...

That was furry innaresting to learn more about you, Karen Jo! My Momma is a night purrson, too. She loves the wee hours of the morning. She finds them the most peaceful time to work on her writing projeckts!

I'm sorry you've had so much trubble with your footsies! That sounds owie!

Kittyhugs and purrs from MaoMao!

Anonymous said...

This is cool, and gonna take some thought.

Thanks for thinking of me!

Right now, though, I have to go take a nap. ;-D

Anonymous said...

Mom is a big fiction reader, too, and as you know, she's a writer -- she's working on a mystery novel! *smile* And that's really neat that you don't have to trim your hair! Mom does, but I don't. You must be part cat! *giggle*!

Purrs and snuggles from Marilyn!

The Devil Dog said...

Mom loves jigsaw puzzles and reading fantasy, sci fi and murder mysteries. She was also very clumsy (I mean totally without grace) then she started karate and got more coordinated. She broke her right pinkie toe while in Virgina Beach, on vacation. Slammed it against the door frame of the bathroom. Landed in the hall.
Nice things to know about you. Hope all is well.

Roxy

Anonymous said...

It was nice getting to know the woman behind the limerick!

Chancy, Jake, Babe and Ernies Voice said...

Thank you for taging me...this sounds very interesting...It was nice to learn more about you...Happy Day!

Lilly Lu, Iris and Maxwell Mufsa Millon said...

Karan jo we like to send you a hoilday card me and mu shue had them made wiff costom postage I was wondering if you could email us a snail mail adress to queenlillycatAtaolDOtcom

Christine and FAZ said...

We love Dr Who too, have you seen Torchwood yet, the spin off series with Captain Jack? FAZ

Parker said...

My Mommy is the opposite - mornings are her "get it done" time. She's worthless in the evening!

Anonymous said...

3 years ago I was like you I only really woke up after noon, lol ! Now I am worse than a cock at 6 am I jump out of my bed fresh like a rose and I am not working anymore. It's really awful when I had to get up I couldn't now I could sleep the whole day and I am up so early !
I am back from two weeks in Egypt and had a cute visitor in my hotel room.

Lux said...

It's neat to learn more about you, Karen Jo. Those facts are interesting!

Anonymous said...

It was fun learning about you Karen Jo.My mom likes JigZone too :)

Angel MoMo and Charlotte said...

Anything is interesting to a new kitty blogger who really doesn't know much about anykitty or -body!

Black Cat said...

Thank you so much for doing the meme Karen Jo; your answers are so interesting. I used to have long hair at times but now I think I'm too old so I get it cut now and again, but like you, mine would just grow to the middle of my back and stop. I'm also very nocturnal, love sci fi, fantasy and mysteries and I love doing puzzles of most kinds. I am also very clumsy on my feet and fall over a lot, particularly in the house where I tend to move quicker because I forget to take care. Are we kindred spirits? Oh, I have also been known to pen the odd ode but I'm not nearly as good at it as you:) xxx

Mickey's Musings said...

Interesting stuff. You and Mom ahve things in common. She likes science fiction,fantasy and mysteries.She liked Dr Who,especially played by Tom Baker and she is a night owl(I don't think she looks like an owl)
Purrs

MISS PEACH ~(^.^)~ said...

Karen we have so much in common here! I also am a late night purrrrson who liked to work jig saw puzzles with my dear mommy who departed after Miss Peach took her into her little Hospice kitty paws. HAHA she broke one of her toes once by bumping it into the marble coffee table becasue she was being nosey and looking out the window to see what the neighbor was doing:))
I also loved working the late shift in the deli at Albertsons:)
See I told you we did...love Karla & Miss Peachy

Forty Paws said...

Those are very inchresting fakts Karen Jo! Our Paw lufs Dr. Who as well. He used to watch it in the Yoo Kay an now he watches it heer.

Luf, Us