Friday, July 20, 2007

Maggie


This is Maggie.  She was adopted in late April 2006 when she was six weeks old.  Her Mom works in a large pet supply store and a lady came in wanting supplies for a new kitten.  The lady mentioned that she got her kitten from a friend of hers and her friend had two more kittens who needed forever homes.  Maggie's Mom-to-be got excited when the lady said that one of the kittens was a calico, because she had wanted to adopt a calico kitten for quite a while.  The lady left with her purchases, but came back later with Maggie.  It was love at first sight.  Maggie only took one night to get used to the idea that she had a new home.  A few months later, Maggie was joined by Molly, a tuxie kitten, then a while after that Lucy, a pug, joined the family.  All three of them get along quite well now, but Maggie is the boss.

                                             Maggie thinks she should be in charge here.
                                             After all, she was the first to appear.
                                                        Then along came Molly,
                                                         And Lucy, by golly.
                                             All in favor of Maggie, stand up and cheer.

9 comments:

Christine and FAZ said...

I'm cheering for Maggie, cos she is such a pretty calcio colour. FAZ

Forty Paws said...

That's a great story!! Yay for Maggie! And of course Lucy and Molly....

Luf, Us

Gemini said...

We like Maggie. She is a bootiful Calico!

Lux said...

I'm standing up on my tippietoes and cheering!

Unknown said...

Hey, Maggie is the name of my squillion. How neat!

MaoMao said...

Alla us Ballicai are cheerin' fur Maggie! What a great kittygirl, and whatta great limmerick, KJ!

Kittyhugs and purrs from MaoMao!

Parker said...

Hooray! Hooray! Hooray! Calicos are cool! (my sisters made me say that!)

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

That's a good story about Maggie~!
Thank you for let me know about her.

Gretchen said...

I love Maggie's expression. And I love your limericks. I still have a lot to learn. They're kind of scary for me to do, but I promised Yoggie, my sweetheart in Sweden that I'd write a poem or somehting like that everyday for him. His bean's have gone to Australia for month and he's with a cat sitter. He's known as the Cat Poet and when his bean's get home he'll have so much to read it'll knock his socks off, so to speak.