Saturday, June 6, 2009

Farewell, Oscar

I am way behind in my posting. I have found out that I can write limericks when I am happy and when I am sad, but I can't seem to do it when I am worried. My Mother and I are both in good health, but my working life seems to be going down the tubes. I will try to write a farewell limerick for Oscar, but I haven't been able to yet.

Here is Oscar with his laser eyes. Oscar started the blog Cats Who Twitter, which is a great resource for twittering cats to meet and find out about each other. Because of the nature of the blog, I didn't find out a whole lot about Oscar himself. I did learn that he was an old cat and only had three legs. That didn't slow him down at all and he held his own when his brother Henry pounced him, which was often. He had quite a hairball problem until his Mom got him a FURminator, which he learned to love. When he got spooked or scared, he would hide under the couch or under the bed. He would run away whenever the doorbell rang.

There was a big fight between "I'm so worried about work" and "Yay, my vacation starts tomorrow" and "Yay" must have won, because this limerick popped into my head.

                                        Oscar went to the Bridge because he was old.
                                         Now he will never be sick or cold.
                                                  He'll have all four paws
                                                  And plenty of claws
                                         For climbing trees in a manner so bold.

19 comments:

Angel MoMo and Charlotte said...

Thankyou for coming by and celebrating with me. I hope your work situation improves and you can start writing again.

Purrs,
Momo

Angel MoMo and Charlotte said...

Thankyou for coming by and celebrating with me. I hope your work situation improves and you can start writing again.

Purrs,
Momo

The Island Cats said...

We were sorry to hear about Oscar....we didn't know him well but just a little through Twitter...we are purring for his family who must be missing him alot...

We are purring for you too...sounds like you could use some...hope things improve....

Jans Funny Farm said...

Karen, This is a nice post and we hope you won't worry about not having a limerick. You gave a happy farewell to Oscar and that's what counts!

So go relax and enjoy your weekend. :)

Anonymous said...

Nice tribute to Oscar even without the limmerick! Hope life improves for you!

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

We did not know Oscar, but you always tell us so much about the cats that have gone before!

Kaz's Cats said...

Thanks for writing a nice tribute to Oscar, even without the limerick. We're glad that you and your Mom are doing okay healthwise, but we'll purr that your work situation gets better.

{{{hugs}}}

Gypsy & Tasha

MaoMao said...

We are sorry to hear about Oscar goin to the Bridgie! And we're sorry things are rough for you ad work. You will be in our purrs, furriend!

Kittyhugs and purrs from MaoMao and alla the Ballicai!

MaoMao said...

Awww, us Ballicai are glad "Yay!" won, and we love yur limmerick fur Oscar. :)

Kittyhugs and purrs from MaoMao, Brainball, Dorydoo, and Marilyn.

Anonymous said...

Mom experiences the same thing with her poems. Sometimes nothing comes to her when she sits down to write,but then out of the blue it comes to her.

We will purr for good things about your work life.

Jans Funny Farm said...

We're so glad "Yay!" won over worry. Very appropriate limerick for Oscar.

John Evans said...

Very Nice post.

Make sure all your pets are very Healthy. Read the best Healthy Pet Books!

The Devil Dog said...

That was a very sweet limerick. We are sorry your work life is going down the drain. Mom says she knows how you feel. It's no fun to worry so much.

Roxy

Angel MoMo and Charlotte said...

Have a good and relaxing vacation. I will continue to purr for your work situation to improve.

Anonymous said...

Great limmerick - we knew you hadn't lost your great poetic powers!

Dma said...

loved this limerick... hope your work worries work out.

The Misadventures Of Me said...

Oscars blog is http://thefurrytripod.blogspot.com/ incase any other person wanted to see it :)

We hope hims mom is brothfur is doin ok now.

Molly
Shadow
Trooder

Katiez Furry Mewz said...

dats a good limrick fur oscar...

fanks fur stoppin by and purrin fur Daisy n hur kitties... We hopes ta hafs sum fotohs soon!

luv,
Katie Too

L. Alida said...

Oh Karen Jo, you have been coming up with lovely limericks for such sweet kitties. I hope your work problems go away. I'm glad you and your Mom's health is better.
Hugs,
Lorianna