Monday, October 8, 2007

Storm


Writing about how Jasmine fought her cancer and lived more that a year longer than anyone expected her to live reminded me of another cat who is doing an excellent job of fighting cancer.  This is Storm, The Furry Fighter, who is an eleven year old seal point Siamese.  She was diagnosed with lymphoma in December 2006.  She went through seven months of chemotherapy and is now in remission.  The vet said that cats diagnosed with her condition usually lived six to nine months.  Storm in now in her tenth month since her diagnosis and is still doing very well, apart from occasional barfy spells, which may be due more to her developing a sensitivity to certain foods, or scar tissue on her insides from the chemo, than to her cancer.  She is truly putting up a good fight.  Storm lives with her bean Mom and Dad and Castle, her Meezer brother.  Storm has lots of fun playing with Castle and with her toys.  She doesn't usually get much of a buzz from catnip, but certain toys have more of an effect on her, which she really enjoys.  Let's cheer Storm on in her fight.

                                  Storm is a kitty who battles the odds.
                                  She's a Furry Fighter who never nods.
                                            The sick-ups may drain her,
                                             But Hope will sustain her.
                                 Storm is a kitty who will beat the odds.

18 comments:

Gretchen said...

Very touching.

Hugs...G

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Storm is a true inspiration! Fabulous limerick for her. :)

MISS PEACH ~(^.^)~ said...

Oh dear me I did not know this...thank you for sharing this story. I will go and love on her! And thank you for coming for a Cat Art Sunday visit today! It was a quiet day for me in the frying pan and mommy washed my face again with a real wet washcloth! Oh mother really! Then I just paddled all the water out of my bowl ha ha! Yes, I am a stinker of an old girl:)
purrrrs Miss Peach

Parker said...

Awwww, what a great limerick for storm!

Daisy said...

I love Storm! And I think you are very right, she is a kitty who will beat the odds.

Mickey's Musings said...

Excellent limmerick ! Storm is looking good and fighting hard.Winning to ;)

Anonymous said...

YEAH STORM!!!!

We are all behind you and think good thoughts all the time for you.

Anonymous said...

A very beautiful post and wonderful Limerick :)

MaoMao said...

Wowie, that is a superduper limmerick fur a superduper kittygurl! Stormie is a good furriend of mine, and I purr for her efurry day.

Kittyhugs and purrs from MaoMao!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful limerick for Storm! She is a beautiful kittygirl, and so courageous and inspiring. We Ballicai all love her!

Purrs and snuggles from Marilyn!

The Devil Dog said...

Way to go, Storm. You keep fighting. Lucky and I are right behind you. (Not chasing you, we wouldn't do that. Well, at least I wouldn't)

Roxy

Anonymous said...

Karen Jo, I must thank you for your support. All my constituents mean so much to me.

Zinger said...

that is so awesome and she's a beauty

Boy said...

Bwavo Storm!
Purrs for you!

Big Piney Woods Cats said...

Thanks for telling us about Storm. We are heading on ofur there right now to wish her well and purr good for her.

Patches

Lux said...

Bless Storm ... she is a wonderful brave kitty. Fitting limerick!

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

Storm is our very best friend, you do very excellent limerick for her~!

The Furry Fighter said...

oh my - my meowmie has only just logged on (she been very lazy and not helped me all weekend or yesterday!!!). weez had our breath taken away with this lovely limerick! fank you karen-jo so much, it means alot to me and especially my meowmie. and fanks to all the lovely comments from everyone else *something in meowmie's eye*
xxxx