Monday, June 11, 2007

Suzanne Went to the Bridge


As most of you know already, Suzanne went to the Rainbow Bridge this morning. She cuddled with her Mom, laid her head on her shoulder and just went. This makes me very sad, but she saved her Mom a little pain. Today was the day her Mom was going to make that dreaded decision, but Suzanne saved her from having to decide. If you haven't already, go over to Under the Bed and leave some virtual snuggles for Mom and Ben2. Thank you so much, Daisy, for the lovely tribute card.

I only knew Suzanne for about three months, but I became very fond of her in that time. She was the first one to make a suggestion for a limerick. She suggested that I write a limerick about her cousin, Daisy Mae Maus. I had been working on a limerick for Daisy Mae, but it was going nowhere. After Suzanne's suggestion, I decided to throw away what I had written already and start over. After that, the limerick came fairly quickly. Then Suzanne shyly asked if I would write a limerick for her, too. When I start out to write a limerick for a kitty, especially one I don't know very well, I go and start reading their blog from the beginning. I read Suzanne's entire blog and came to love this tiny, shy, but feisty little feline. I am really going to miss her. I'm getting too teary-eyed to see the screen anymore, so I'll stop there. Good-bye, Suzanne. Have a wonderful time at the Bridge while you wait for your Mom.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Karen Jo -- a beautiful tribute for a beautiful and special kittygirl.

MaoMao said...

That's bee-yootiful *sniff*. Effurybodies will miss Suz so much.

Daisy said...

It is nice to read your memories of Suzanne. She will live on in our hearts.

Ivan from WMD said...

What a lovely tribute to Suzanne.

Rosemary B❤️ said...

Suzanne was such a sweet kitty. we are glad she is an angel now becuase she is not suffering anymore.
we miss her. We have a hole in our hearts where she used to be.

::sigh::

Forty Paws said...

Oh geez. Now Maw is leaking again.

Luf, Us