Friday, April 25, 2008

Himalayans






I am sure that there are lots more Himalayan kitties out there, but the three that I know best are Prince Muddy Paws (top), Zoey (middle) and Maggy (bottom).  This post is for Zoey, who requested a limerick about Himalayans.  Himalayans came about through crossing Persians with Siamese to produce a cat which looks very much like a Persian with Siamese points.  They come in all the colors that Siamese do and are all born white or cream with the points developing later.  Most, if not all, Himalayans have blue eyes. Their fur is long and silky and needs daily brushing.  They mostly retain the body build and flat faces of their Persian background, though some appear more Siamese.  Their character is described in one of my cat books as "placid",
but I think Zoey may have something to say about that.

                                       Himalayans have long fur soft as silk.
                                       Some have tummies white as milk.
                                                  They have masks and boots
                                                  In their colorful suits.
                                       It's lovely to brush their fur, soft as silk.

24 comments:

MaoMao said...

Himalayans are furry speshul and beeyootiful kitties! Mom has a soft spot in her heart for 'em. And you wroted a great limmerick fur our Himalayan furriends!

Kittyhugs and purrs from MaoMao!

Parker said...

Such a pretty breed of kitties! I think all three of those kitties are beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful limmerick, Karen Jo! They do have masks and boots in their colorful suits!

ZOOLATRY said...

Wowie. Big thank you purrs from Maggy and Zoey, what a nice surprise to find ourselves here, and in all our furry glory... and we'll go visit Prince as we had not met him.

Spooky said...

What beautiful kitties! They look so soft and floofy.

Another great limerick, Karen Jo!

Anonymous said...

I love that Limerick Karen Jo. And yes my Dad bean calls me Miss Softy all the time . . . among other names when I'm bad. I'm putting your verse up on my blog this weekend. Thanks so much, I love it.!!!

Goldie, Shade and Banshee said...

That was a great limerick! The PM wants to pet one right now!

~Shade

Mickey's Musings said...

Wonderful limmerick!!! I also do not think Zoey is very placid,heeheehee
I must go meet Prince muddy Paws too. He looks furry handsome.
Purrs Mickey

The Misadventures Of Me said...

They are so floofy. Ut oh, yup, mommy bean wants to do some belly scritchins now.

Beethoven said...

Wow! They is very beautiful kitties!

Gemini and Ichiro said...

They all look so gorgeous there!

Dma said...

never seen a Himalayan cat before. very beautiful.

Moki The Wobbly Cat said...

Himalayan cats are definately beautiful! But then again aren't they all!!!
:)

Anonymous said...

What a precious limerick for Himalayan kitties! They are beauties! *smile*

Purrs and snuggles from Marilyn.

Chrissie said...

They are beautiful cats! And your limerick is terrific!

The Devil Dog said...

That is a great limerick for very beautiful cats.

Roxy

meemsnyc said...

Himalayans are beautiful cats!

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

Hi Karen Jo,
Thanks for coming by. My mom loves himalayan kitties, but we don't have one at my house. I think she loves me more though. I am super cute you know.
hee hee!
--JB

Tiger Lily said...

Himalayans are beautiful kitties and your limerick really captures them!

Lux said...

Lovely limerick for Himalayans!

Love those pictures!

Tesla and Hansel said...

Dat iz da kind of kitteh mommeh waz lookin to get. Dat or Maine Coon. But den dat lady walk in saz, yoo know anyone want kitteh? Had 4 kittehs der for v-e-t pointment we jus 6 week old. And den mommeh held me in arms... den... history iz....

Angel MoMo and Charlotte said...

Karen Jo, you excel at these breed limericks! What a wonderful introduction to the Himalayans! Maggy and Zoey are old friends from when I first started blogging but I have not met Prince Muddy Paws.

Zinger said...

those are beautiful cats
great limerick to honor them too

Jans Funny Farm said...

Jan loves Himilayans but she doesn't have any. They are beautiful cats.