Sunday, July 15, 2007

LC


This is LC showing off her long legs.  LC stands for Little Cow because the Big Thing thought that her black and white patten was like a cow's.  LC also stands for Lucky Cat, because when she was adopted from the shelter, she was badly infected with ear mites.  In fact her whole head was so badly infected with them that her eyes got glued shut at night when she slept.  The Big Thing noticed that she was bumping into things and wiped her eyes with a damp cloth.  He then took her straight to the vet and got medicine for her.  She didn't like the treatment much, but it got rid of the mites.  LC is 13 years old now and still very active.  She and Skeeter have a high fence around the back yard so they can play outside safely.  The Big Thing keeps a close watch on them while they are outside.  She likes to go outside and hunt for mousies and froggies.    She's pretty good at it, though she fell in the pond once while chasing a frog.  She also likes to play with the big goldfish in the pond a bit, but she doesn't catch them.  She is a good climber and jumper and likes to get on the top platform of the cat condo.  She likes it up there because it gives her a good view of the aquarium.  She does love fish.  When the Big Thing goes fishing, he lets her have any left over bait fish and she loves them.

                                       LC loves to catch froggies by the pond.
                                       Of frog legs tartar she is very fond.
                                                    When she hears a plop
                                                     She makes a short hop
                                      And pounces the froggie near the pond. 

13 comments:

Lux said...

Wow, LC has a pond??? That's too cool - and she *does have long legs!

snowforest said...

That fall in the pond must've been scary - glad that LC is active still at thirteen years of age :)

Christine and FAZ said...

I love her name, Little Cow. I am very excited about the frogs too. We don't have frogs in our garden but we do have a big hoary old toad. FAZ

Gattina said...

Lol ! now I also have a little cow, Rosie to is black and white, but she is more a little mini calf !

Anonymous said...

LC is too lovely and petite to be called Little Cow...

Karen Jo said...

LC never really gets called Little Cow. When she was a kitten, she was mostly white with black spots and she reminded the Big Thing of a dairy cow. He first thought of calling her "Elsie" after the Borden cow, but then settled on LC. She is just called LC.

Parker said...

L.C. has got non-stop legs, she is one of my favs along with her brother!
Coll limerick!

caspersmom said...

Hi LC, I love hunting froggies. Lizards too! So glad the Big Thing treated you for all those mites, and that you found the same forever home as skeeter. Mom has to watch us when we go outside too. The pond sounds like a fun place to hunt froggies.

Casper

caspersmom said...

Oh by the way, I am thirteen years old too. So is Patches and Gizmo.

Casper

Forty Paws said...

Hmmmm. We wonders if da bait fishies is real live dead fishies?

Luf, Us

Anonymous said...

Ooh cool! I just learned I had been featured here! Thank you so much Karen Jo...

I not only have a pond, I have TWO ponds! One is small enough to jump over (handy for surprising froggies) but the other one is twiced as big, so I sneak around the outside.

Actually, I've fallen in two times. The recent time wasnt too bad cause it was warm and I like to play in water anyway. But the other time, the water got all hard and I walked on it. That was 'citin until it broke an I fell in. It was good that The Big Thing was watchin cause I couldn't get a grip on the slippery hard water! The Big Thing grabbed me out and ran inside an wrapped me all up inna towel. I dont walk on the water anymore when it seems hard, but I still love to splash it around when it is soft.

I loved the poem, Karen Jo!

Anonymous said...

Oops, LC here again. I wanted to tell Forty Paws that the bait fishies are real live LIVE fishies! They flop around when The Big Thing tosses one on the floor an I grab it an eat it! There is nothin tastier in the world than a real live little bait fishie.

The Big Thing says "why not", he was tryin to feed them alive to BIGGER fishies anyway.

I want one of those bigger fishies someday!

LC

Samantha & Mom said...

Great legs, LC. You are so cute and the lives small fishes sound good and yummy!! So glad the big thing was there to save you from the semi frozen water.
Your FL furiends,
Samantha & Tigger